Skip to main content

Hello,

Last month, I decided the transfer my two sims (one for own usage, other is for data) to KPN. We have a KPN landline internet on the same address. It’s shared building with a business. I specifically asked if this is going to be a problem, they said no problem. I wouldn’t start with KPN at all, if it wasn’t for this discount. I went for KPN unlimited + data sim (to use with data share)

Service employee told me that there is no need to transfer data sim and he gave a new sim instead and I also specifically ask if this has any impact on my contract or payment. He said it will be part of my other subscription. He show me the total 30 Euros cost that includes everything. After my current contract ends in one month, my new KPN subscription were supposed to start.

Two weeks later I was shocked when I got billed for the data subscription. I wasn’t aware that data subscription was even started and same address discount wasn’t applied at all. There was also small amount of consumption in that inactivated sim. I went to the same KPN store and told them about the situation. They said it’s going to be fixed when my other subscription started, just pay the bill.

Eventually my own sim is started and two days later, again I have been billed for 45 euros with no “same address discount”. 

I have been asked to pay the unexpected amount of bills by KPN. I am trying to call the KPN line service but I am new to the Netherlands and I cannot understand Dutch yet. I tried to transfer to another operator before 14 days. It’s been rejected by KPN because apparently I need to stay on KPN for 120 days and even worse other sim is already passed the one month barrier. I don’t know how to or where to solve this problem.

@bornranker Welcome to our forum. 

Sorry to read that the new contracts are not what you expected. I understand that you do have a personal landline? 

Or do you share te landline with the business on the same adress? 

Could you fill in your forum profile, and let me know when you did? 

Then I can check the situation. 

@Rutger_ thanks!

I am sharing the landline with a business because I don’t have any other infrastructure on my building.
I just filled the form.

@bornranker Thanks for filling in your forum profile. 

I see that the discount on the both mobile products is missing. After you talk to the people you share the connection with you can sign yourself up for the "Combivoordeel". 

After signing up you will receive the discount on the mobile numbers. 

The owners of the landline will receive the "Pluspakket" and 5 euro's "entertainment discount". 

Hello @Rutger_ ,

Couple of days after I posted this post, I have been reached out by KPN Customer Services. They cancelled the contract and data simcard for me and told me that I am eligible for number porting now.
Recently I applied to number porting. I see that it’s rejected by KPN and still going to billed for cancelling it.
Now I am trying to reach out to the Customer Services. It’s quite difficult for me to reach a human there since I am not yet fluent in Dutch. All I need is my number porting to be approved.

@bornranker I see that there is a problem with the number porting. 

Something has to be done by hand. For me it is not possible to do that. 

So calling would be the best option.

When you call 0800-0402 and when the voice talking to you goes silent, just say "nummerportering" or "Numberporting". Then you should get a colleague who can help you!