Skip to main content

Hi,

I transitioned my mobile contracts including two phone numbers to KPN. I have already recieved the SIM cards, and am now waiting for the transition to finalize. I unfortunately didn’t think about being abroad in Germany for holidays, and now the actual activation of the contract with KPN will happen while I am there.

I read here that this may be a problem. I think my situation is somewhat different as I already have the SIM cards. Does it help to “activate” them already (put them in a phone and unlock?), even if they won’t actually work. Are there any other ideas how to make sure that I don’t lose mobile connectivity completely?

Thank you! 

Hi @usch, welcome on our forum. 

This is quite a difficult situation, for privacy reasons.

When will you be back from Germany? Is your current provider still working (current SIM cards)? Did you receive a confirmation, from KPN, regarding the transition of your numbers? If so, is there a date mentioned? 

Perhaps much easier, could you please reach/call us? Our number from abroad is +31 6 1200 1200.

Perhaps much easier, could you please reach/call us? Our number from abroad is +31 6 120 1200.

One digit is missing there.The correct number is +31 6 1200 1200

Perhaps much easier, could you please reach/call us? Our number from abroad is +31 6 120 1200.

One digit is missing there.The correct number is +31 6 1200 1200

Thanks Ruud! 

Hello,

just quickly reporting back. I called the hotline and the agent thinks it will work fine as long as I am within Europe. The switch happens in a few days, fingers crossed that it goes smoothly.

Thanks!

Yes, this will happen after 21 days after ordering and receiving the sim card. Till then you should be able to use the sim card form your "old” provider.