Skip to main content

I have just switched to KPN from Vodafone. I followed the steps and activated the sim. But there is no internet although the sim is working (there is only connection but no internet)

Hi @Atahan 

You mention "no internet”, but what about placing or receiving a telephone call? Does that work?

When you switched simcards, did you first wait until the Vodafone simcard lost connection?

You should have received a mail from KPN stating the transfer date on which KPN takes over the number from the old provider. Was that planned for today? Normally it's only performed on working days (mon-friday) so I think you're probably switching too early.

First, why don’t you declare this procesure clearly? I just learn it now. 

I have received no mail but I sent the message “JA” to switch the operator. Can you please inform me please on the date of switch? (in English please, all the mails are in Dutch…)

Hi @Atahan! @RBxx is not a KPN employee, but a customer who is here to help others. He can't look into the systems. 

First I'd advise you to check your e-mails and search for KPN. If you find the (Dutch) mails, you can copy and paste the text in Google Translate. All our communication will be in Dutch, so this tip might help you in the future, and then you'll know when your subscription starts. Furthermore, if your Vodafone simcard is still working, your subscription has probably not been activated with us yet. 

I’m a KPN customer like you. The KPN forum is a community where customers exchange experiences and help each other. KPN moderators assist where necessary, but this can take a few days.

Sending a message JA to 6688 is the first step in transferring your number. Next you'll receive a mail confirming "nummerbehoud" in which the transfer date is mentioned. There's a notice period of one month to take in account.

Bedankt voor de snelle reactie @Sanne_M 😉. Ik laat het verder aan jou over.

Thank you for your help, all!

but I dont have any mails mentioning my transfer date. So no progress still…

Jij ook bedankt @RBxx! 😄 Pak deze even op als prio voor de zekerheid, vandaar de snelle reactie. 

@Atahan That's odd. You should have a confirmation e-mail of your order at least, and it should be mentioned there. Could you fill out your forumprofiel with the cellphone number it concerns and your address? If you give a heads up here when you’ve done so I can look at what's happening with the subscription. 

Did it!

@Atahan Great! I've checked the communication, and I see the transfer has been applied for today. That explains why you haven't received the transfer date yet, this still needs to be determined. If your contract with Vodafone expired, it'll be around a month before you’re transferred. That has to do with the standard cancellation time. IF you’re still in your contract with them, you'll be transferred when your contract ends. Keep an eye on your e-mail and text messages from us, and you should receive the exact transfer date soon! 

So it may take a month? Nobody told/warned me about this! 

I am very much disappointed in this experience with KPN. Hope it takes a few days only. 

Hi @Atahan 

It's not KPN but it is Vodafone that's holding you to the contract terms you agreed upon when you joined them. Just like KPN (and any other provider) will do at the end of this new subscription. 

Hi @Atahan 

It's not KPN but it is Vodafone that's holding you to the contract terms you agreed upon when you joined them. Just like KPN (and any other provider) will do at the end of this new subscription. 

This is exactly why. There's always a cancellation period of a month, this is standard practice, although I understand it's new information to you. Now at least you know what to expect. Keep an eye on our messages, and should you have any questions in the nearby future, feel free to make a new topic! 

So, is this the solution? Blaming on Vodafone? This might be the cause but you don’t help! I have not received any date of transfer, yet. And I want the personnel to be warned about this issue. THEY DID NOT TELL ME SO!!!! I had this information from the branch in Blaak.

Please do something to facilitate my process.

It’s not a case of blaming Vodafone. The general terms of all providers (including KPN) state that there is a cancellation period of one month when the fixed contract period of 1 or 2 years ends. The current holder of the phonenumber will not release it to another provider before that month ends.