Skip to main content

I am  now in St. Maarten and will be here until the end of the month. I have a lot MB still left for the rest of the month, so I was thinking to just use them while here. Problem is, that although the 4G sign shows like it is working, I literally have no mobile network. It is like something is blocking it. I have turned the phone off and on, checked the airplane mode, turned mobile network on, turned roaming on… still doesn’t work. What to do?

Hello @Rem kan 

You could try to manually select another provider if there are others available.

But beware, Sint-Maarten does not fall under the EU so you can't use your normal leftover MB's, it will cost extra unless you have a SUPER VOORDEEL Bundle.

See: https://www.kpn.com/mobiel-abonnement/bundels/buitenland.htm

Thanks! I will go agead and buy the bundles then!

I am re-p-osting this question, because while looking to buy bundles, I got this message from KPN: ‘Saint Martin: dezelfde tarieven als in Nederland
Jij kunt gewoon blijven internetten, bellen en sms’en uit je huidige abonnement zoals je gewend bent. Je hoeft geen Extra Bundel aan te zetten.”

However, I still  CANNOT get the mobile internet working on my phone!

I am  now in St. Maarten and will be here until the end of the month. I have a lot MB still left for the rest of the month, so I was thinking to just use them while here. Problem is, that although the 4G sign shows like it is working, I literally have no mobile network. It is like something is blocking it. I have turned the phone off and on, checked the airplane mode, turned mobile network on, turned roaming on… still doesn’t work. What to do?

Admin: added to your first topic

Hi @Rem kan, I'm sorry to hear you don't have any internet at the moment 🙁

Can you please update your profiel and give me a heads up if you’ve done so? I'd like to check the settings of your mobile number!

Hello @Rem kan 

It's indeed a bit confusing that the French part of the island (Saint Martin) falls under the EU but the Dutch part (Sint Maarten) doesn't.

That is why you can use your normal MB’s in Saint Martin but not in Sint Maarten.

Chosing another provider manually didn’t help or are there no others available?

Hopefully Maja_ can find out what the problem is after you fill in your details in your profile.