Skip to main content

Hi,

My wife and I are in Singapore for a couple of days and the roaming internet service from KPN has not worked for either of us the whole time we have been here!

• My wife has a contract with KPN (linked to my KPN account linked to this user on the forum) and we purchased her a buiterland package (the full 2Gb+call/sms package).
  • I have a phone provided by my company that should have roaming enabled, but that has not worked at all in the two days I have been in Singapore.

NB: we both have roaming enabled and the phones say they connected to 4G, but the internet simply doesn’t work. I.e. we have checked the obvious...

NB2: we are traveling on to New Zealand tomorrow and will see how it goes there but I want to register this complaint now, as we expect a discount for the lack of service, any additional costs we have incurred by having to rely on standard phone services in Singapore, as well as the inconvenience. It is also annoying I have to do this on a forum, not via a direct chat option with your customer service!

regards...

Hi @AngryInSG, welcome.

As I read it, you do have a network, so you can make calls and send text messages? However, you can't access the internet.

Now, you've already tried a few things, but without success. Have you also tried the steps for when you don't have internet access?

For now, I assume you're still in New Zealand. Is it working there now?

Hi Bart,

Yes - the other network services like call & text worked fine in Singapore; just not the roaming 4g.

Other good news, it is all working in NZ fine - including the 4g, so it was a problem limited to Singapore. We have a transit in Hong Kong on the way back to NL on Friday so we’ll see how it goes there as well.

thanks,

Phil (AKA no-so-angry now)

That's good news. Cause if it didn't work in New Zealand either there was something wrong with the settings on our side. But now it was on the providers side in Singapore. 

Enjoy New Zealand an have a save trip home.