Skip to main content

Hi! I changed my subscription on Saturday , getting a new phone (iPhone 12). I received email confirmations of the new subscription, but unfortunately I have no service (phone & mobile data) until now (Monday). I tried to use the answers on the website, but can’t seem to get it to work. My job requires that I call a lot, so I am a bit worried on how to solve this and would be grateful for your help! Thank you :)

Hi @Zanna, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem :slight_frown:

If I understand correctly, you already had a working subscription and you renewed your contract and ordered an iPhone 12 along with it. You're getting ‘no service’ on your new iPhone? Does your sim card work in your old phone? 

Can you please update your profiel and give me a heads up if you’ve done so?

Hey @Maja_ , thank you for the message. Yes I had a working subscription and upgraded it to a new one with a phone. Yes - I am getting “no service” on the new phone, and the SIM card also now doesn’t work in the old phone 😞. I updated my profile- please let me know if anything is missing. Thank you in advance for your help! 

@Zanna as far as I can see you received a new SIM card in our store in Amsterdam. Is this the SIM card you are using and have you turned your phone off and back on with the card inserted?

Hi @Bram_ , thank you for your answer. No, I have not received a new SIM card - I asked and was told that the old one should work, since I’m keeping my number, didn’t change the provider and the sim inputs are the same size. Of course, I tried turning the new phone off and on again with the old card. 

In this case a new SIM card is needed to fix the problem. On our website you can request a new KPN SIM card. Following these steps will have a new SIM card delivered to you and after activation you should be able to use all services again.