Skip to main content

Hi KPN, 

On the 28th of April, 2023, my mobile contract with you started. I transferred my number from another provider. The problem is, my mobile data works (not always) but I cannot make or receive calls. I get the error that my line has been disconnected for administrative reasons. I can't request help in the chat because they only want to call me but my phone doesn't work. I have a Samsung S21fe. 

I have tried:

1. Restarting the phone many times.

2. I did 'reset all network settings' and now it at least says 'mobile network state: connected'. 3. Wifi calling doesn't work either.

Unfortunately I still can't make calls for some reason. Could someone please assist me with this? 

Thanks! 

Vond90

Hello @Vond90 

Did you get a message that it should be active now, it will not works before that.
Did you place the new KPN simcard in the phone?
If you did, does it recognize the simcard and did you enter the standard pincode?

You could try if it works in another phone, if that also doesn't work there could be a problem with the simcard, you can swap it in a KPN store.

You also can call (with another phone) the free number of the KPN customer service 0800-0402, maybe there is a problem with your subscription.

Hi @GeSp,

Thanks for your response and advice. I did indeed place it in the phone, got the activation message, put the pin in and can receive text messages and use data but it will not connect for calls. Tried it in another phone as well.

I made it to the store yesterday, got a new sim card and that still didn’t fix it. They tried several steps but cannot understand why I (still) cannot make calls. In the system, there are no blockages or obvious reasons and they’re very confused why this is happening.

Funny thing is the only number I can call is the KPN number...Hopefully someone figures it out soon.

Thanks for your help and have a good weekend!

Hi @Vond90 

Looks something administrative to me because you still can call KPN.
Hopefully they find the cause of the problem soon.

You also have a good weekend.

Hi @GeSp,

An update for you. Even though the store said there were no blockages according to the system, they filled a support request, a KPN technician called me yesterday and said there was indeed a blockage on my number and it has now been lifted. Most likely due to the number change from Vodafone. All resolved now!

Thanks for your help!

Hi @Vond90 

Good to hear that it's resolved now. 😀

@Vond90 that's really good to hear. Would you fill in your profile still, please? That way I can see why the first employee told you there was no problem. Make sure that all systems were indicating the same thing. And prevent a repeat.