Skip to main content

Hi,

every time I am abroad, I am not receiving verification messages. As I am working currently and need to be able to receive those as. a security step for work, this is super annoying. 

Same goes for bank messages, apple verification or any other verification. Works perfectly fine within NL. There is also not a delay on those.

I can receive and send text messages normally

Also, I am within EU

Hi @maticki! Understandable that you need access to these messages, so hopefully we'll find the solution quickly. 

First of all, could you select the phone you’re using on our mobile help page? Once you’ve found yours, go to the header ‘Buitenland’ and click ‘Bellen, sms en internet’. Follow the steps there, you can enter the link from that page in Google Translate too, and then click the link in the box with the language you’re translating it to. Then the page will open in the language you chose, that should make things easier. 

Once you’ve followed the steps there, try and see if the text messages arrive now. If they don't, try a different provider in the country you’re in. I hope that will be the solution! 

thank you but this is not my problem. I am getting text messages from people while abroad but am not getting push notifications/verification text messages from banks/paypal etc that I need to verify transaction, so the problem is not in choosing the provider

Check. We often hear that these push messages aren't arriving well, even in the Netherlands. This tends to be a setting from Paypal itself or it has to do with the bank using a foreign number which causes some issues as well. You could try contacting both your bank and Paypal, to ask whether all their settings are correct. You could also do an alternative verification. Often it's possible for Paypal to call you with the verification code, so if that works that's an option you can use!

This is not correct, I am currently in the UK and again not getting any messages, also not  text messages even though my roaming is on. this is so frustrating, not sure why you are mentioning PayPal. i am working from abroad and need to be able to get notifications from the systems we use at work in order to log into work platforms but this is not working !!! No PayPal’s or banks involved in this case and. I am obviously not the only one with this issue

If your company uses a foreign number then this is something that has been known to cause issues. This is not something we can fix. The best I can advise you is to contact your work or the systems manager to see whether their settings are correct and whether they can help you to get the text messages you need. 

Alternatively see if you can receive the verification messages through an alternative method. Most verification software also has the option to call you with the verification code. Hopefully your company does too and that does work.