Skip to main content

Hi! I'm trying to change phone numbers in whatsapp, but I never get the SMS to do so. I also cannot get a phone call because it says I have tried multiple times. I thought it was a problem with Whatsapp so I downloaded Telegram, and I still don't get the SMS to activate. I tried some steps on the KPN website, tried a different phone, tried steps I found online and can't get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help! 

Hi and welcome here @mmar!

I see you already tried some things to solve the fact that you don't receive the Whatsapp confirmation SMS. Do you receive them, if you ask a family member or friend to text you? And are you able to text yourself, when you try to send one?

If not, best thing you can do is call our customer service. You can reach them for free at 0800-0402, or 0612001200. That way my colleague can check some things for you and help you right away. If needed, they can make a ticket for our technical department to further solve this. 

Hello Alexandra,

Thanks! I called them this morning and they will send a new SIM card, to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks for looking into it :)

@mmar Ah that's good to hear! I hope it will be solved soon, thank you for the update :)

Reageer