Skip to main content

I started a new mobile contract with KPN in August (broadband too). I got a new phone. I wanted my old number porting from Vodafone. It was set up and due to port 2nd September. It didn’t. I waited a couple of days.  I then spoke to KPN, they said I should speak to Vodafone. I spoke to Vodafone, they said it’s KPN’s problem. I spoke to KPN again. The customer service team member said it would be ported in 2 days. That should have been on 6th/7th September. Nothing happened. I waited because I was on holiday. I spoke to KPN this morning. The person said they had fixed it and it will port in 2 days. I received the right text and confirmed the port. Just now I got an email saying the number will port on 17th October!!! I have been paying both Vodafone and KPN since I made the order, I now will get another invoice from Vodafone which I have to pay. This is KPNs fault for not doing it right the first, or second time. How do I complain and request KPN reimburse me for the two bills I will have to have paid Vodafone whilst my new phone sits switched off, because it’s on the wrong number?? I can’t believe there’s no email. Yes, I don’t speak good Dutch, so it makes the phone calls more difficult, and that’s on me. But even if I did, I’m tired of waiting in a queue, then being out on hold again for a long time, then being told it will be fixed and it’s not. So how can I get help without calling again?

Hi @MissKirk! Welcome to our forum.

I've checked our systems with the data in your profile. From what I see the number will be ported on the 23rd of this month. This should mean you will have access to the number in a couple days. 🙂

I got that message this morning after finding someone on Messenger who can help me. Thank you