Skip to main content

hello,

I wanted to share that from our KPN mobiles from about 2-3 weeks we're unable to send SMS to Italy and Portugal. Tested with 10 people on WindTRE, Tim, Vodafone.

It's a bit of strange situation, it previously worked and i've extensively tested it last week. SMS to these countries work perfectly instead:

DE
HR
UK
FI
NL
CZ
AT

It would be great if somebody else from the community can test this as well - i am pretty sure it's the same. We are at the moment in Croatia (HR) and I have tested this from Italy as well - same.

We can receive SMS and call to + 39 just NOT send SMS.

I've opened an issue with KPN last week - if someone else can also report it, perhaps they can prioritize it.

Thank you,
Gabrio

Hi @gabrio81, welcome to our community! I haven't seen this issue before, have you tried connecting to a different local network? Sometimes that helps with similar issues.

We also have a knowledgebase article about this:

If you'd like to speak to customer service about this you can DM us on Twitter or Facebook or you could give us a call on 0031612001200

hi

Yes, i have already tested 3x croatian networks and it happens on 2x KPN phone numbers we have.

We also tried to send when we are in Italy on WindTRE and Vodafone IT

It doesn’t work, it’s an issue on your end or a network issue. It used to work 3 weeks ago. I’ve reported it to KPN’s network engineers and yesterday i got an email, they are looking into it.

Have 2x WindTRE numbers for testing and SMS never arrive recently.

But as i said it works to other EU countries.

I think something changed in the routing to IT perhaps.

Ah yes, then it's probably good my colleagues are looking into this! I hope they have a solution soon.

thankfully this has been fixed, can send again SMS to spaghettiland :)

Ah great! Thanks for the update!

Reageer