Skip to main content

in january 2024 i had a total of €224.50 in unpaid invoices and on january 1, 2024 i paid the invoice in full. I called KPN to complain about undue charges because I hadn't used the line since November 2023, but they told me that I should pay the full amount because it was already being billed on the invoice, so I paid the full amount and asked more than once if I wouldn't receive any other charges and to my surprise I received an email on January 22 with a charge of €15.92 for payment by February. But it doesn't make any sense since I've already paid off all my debts with KPN. I've been living outside the Netherlands since October 2023 and it's extremely difficult to contact KPN from outside the Netherlands by phone. I need this problem solved and I want to know how we can cancel this last charge and any future charges, as my line has been blocked by KPN since December. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible by email or phone, 

Hi @Lauro Neves 

Welcome to the KPN Forum.

A KPN moderator can look at your customer data to see what has already happened, but also to take immediate action if necessary, and to provide you with an appropriate answer.

Therefore, complete your forum profile in full, consider:

• Customer numbers
  • 06 number
  • Date of birth
  • Postal code and house number
  • And in the “personal comments” field, enter the last four digits of your bank account.

This information is only visible to you and a moderator.
Unfortunately, without this information, a moderator cannot help you!

Please keep in mind that it may take a few days before a KPN moderator will provide you with an answer to this, but it can also go faster during quiet moments.

Hi @Lauro Neves, welcome! You mention you've left the Netherlands in October and that the line has been blocked since December. This tells me that two things are possible.

First thing is that you did not cancel your subscription with us when you left.

If that is the case, the contract will continue, and you will get billed. If you do not pay, you will get reminders, additional fees and eventually we will block the connection. When that happens, there's still a respite period in which the connection can be restored. If you still do not pay, we move to fully cancel, and will transfer any outstanding balance to a collection agency. There will be notice when this is about to happen. If, at that point, you pay the outstanding balance, it will not go to a collection agency. However, the cancellation can, at this point, no longer be reversed.

If this is your situation, then it is possible that there are a few remaining outstanding fees that still need to be paid. The full invoice can be downloaded through your MijnKPN environment. The invoice will tell you what the costs are for.

Second possibility is that you did cancel, but the cancellation has not properly been processed. In practice this wil lead to the same events as what I describe above. But if this is the case, it is possible to get some of the costs back. If you did inform us of your migration, and asked us to cancel, and this has not been processed properly, fill in this form for our complaint department. Attach proof of migration, and (if you have it) proof of previous contact. The department will be in touch within a week or two.

For future reference (for other people reading this), when emigrating from the Netherlands, you should let us know via the emigration form. You can find all the information, and link to the form on our website: kpn.com/emigreren (in Dutch, unfortunately). When you fill in the form, we'll need proof of your migration. Best proof is a copy of the confirmation from the Dutch county where you lived that you have left. Alternatively, we can accept a copy of an employment contract or statement from a school you are attending.

If you supply the correct proof, the contract will be ended, and the costs reimbursed, back to your date of moving.

Thank you very much, that was very helpfull