Skip to main content

Hi KPN,

This year, I had a new contract with Samsung S22+, and with a E-sim cards. 

At begining I found that the connection of 5G sometimes is very slow, and the sign on the phone shows 4G/E+. I thought is because of E-SIM. Till recently, this issue became more and more worese. I cannot listen the music when I am driving, cannot recieve calls in time, when I making a call, I need try at least 3 times….etc. 

Then I went to the KPN XL store in Rotterdam, after they help me to change 3 physical sim cards, and also E-Sim cards. First they told me E-sim cards are not designed for Samsung, but Iphone. Later on, they also told me that there is something wrong with my S22+. Ok… I have to go to Samsung by myself…. 

Made an appiontment with Samsung to pick up my phone and repair, they change the main board. However, the issue is still there… and now I just came back from the Samsung service sotre Rotterdam, the guy told me that the phone is good, it is the proivder’s  problem… 

I do not know what should I do next… already made another pick up service with Samsung…  Because if I put my sim card in this S22+, the network is almost 0 speed, and cannoe make the phone call… 

Maybe here someone have same issues?? 

Gr,

LC.

Hi @LC111 and welcome to our forum! Strange that you’re experiencing these issues on your phone. The speed should certainly be higher than 0, is it that low everywhere you go? Or just at certain locations? If it's certain locations, I'd advise checking our coverings chart. There you can see where we expect the connection to be decent, and where there's still work to be done. If that chart says the connection should be fine on the locations you’re having trouble with, then I'd advise testing your simcard in a different phone. You have a physcial simcard now if I understand correctly, so I'm curious what happens if you place that simcard in another phone. If the connection works well then, we can be pretty sure the problem lies in your phone, not the connection, and vice versa. 

I haven't heard back from you, so I hope the issue has been solved in the meantime. If not, don't hesitate to let me know! 

Hello @Sanne_M ! Thanks for your care!

I did all the cross checking and at same location as well, which is my home… So I do not think it is because of location. 

Now the phone is still with the issue, and already replaced two mainbords and some parts from Samsung repari center! Last Friday, when I recieved the phone from repair center, and found it still not good. I called the Samsung service, they will send me a sim card tray……. not sure it will help. But...let’s see… 

I see a correlation with another topic where the same type of problem occurs on an iPhone 11.

@LC111 I hope the new sim card tray helps. Thanks for keeping me posted! If you’ve cross checked it on other phones, and the speed is fine there, then chances are it's something in the S22+ itsself. I hope Samsung will be able to fix it, if not, feel free to leave a message here! 

I see a correlation with another topic where the same type of problem occurs on an iPhone 11.

The issues seem similar, but it would be very strange if this Samsung is experiencing the same issues as the iPhones in that topic.