Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I opted to switch my current mobile service provider to KPN from the 1st of October keeping my existing phone number. KPN promised to take care of the transfer. I received the new sim-card but I can’t activate it. Also, I see that the subscription with current mobile service provider is still active. Can somebody please advise what went wrong? 

Regards

Hi @Andrii Nazarov,

What is the actual end date of your current contract at the old provider?

Hi Nicj56, good question. I checked and it appears that I am still within 2-years duration of my contract. I guess I need to cancel it myself in order to switch to KPN, right?

Hi @Andrii Nazarov,

Yes but than you gotta pay the fee that is left for the rest of your duration…

See this:

How does purchasing your mobile subscription work?
Buying a mobile subscription is possible with almost all providers. However, your provider is not eager to shorten the agreed term of your contract. The longer your contract runs, the higher the costs may be. Therefore, first carefully consider a lump sum payment before you cancel your mobile subscription early.

How long is it until your current subscription ends? You can start the process to switch to KPN four months before the old subscription ends, but the actual switch will be after the old contract ends.

I still have a few months left on my old subscription (stupid me….). Thank you for your answers, I will consider canceling my current subscription earlier.

Have a nice day!Â