Skip to main content

Hello,

I am client KPN since 1 year (with home - internet and tv - package). Recently I switched my mobile phone number from Vodafone to KPN (keeping the number).
My subcription was approved, I received the SIM card, good. But there is a problem (or more problems):
- mobile data doesn’t work - is appearing 5G, but no internet connection what ever I’m trying to access on the internet. WIFI works as normal. 

-I cannot call in Europe - the call ends in about 2-3 minutes with no reason - the call is open but i loose the voice (mine and of the recipient). No issue if I call the NL numbers. But If i want to call in Romania for example, i have issues.

-i cannot send SMS in Europe - my message doesn’t reached out the recipient (from my KPN and other romanian number for example)

My current subcription for mobile doesn’t even appear in MijnKPN app or on the website my profile!!!!! What is this ?!?!?!?!

I will go to KPN to CANCEL my subscription because I applied for a service and I cannot use it. So what’s the point of paying for it ??

Please find a solution asap!  Thank you.

Admin: moved personal details to protect the privacy.

Hi @Loredana Ardeleanu , did you check whether the Vodafone sim card still works?

Normally the switch from the old to the new provider takes place taking in account a one month termination period. Are you sure you didn't switch the sim card too early? Check the KPN confirmation mail, that should specify the agreed "Datum van overzetten”.

Finally, this is a public forum. Please remove your personal information from your post and put it in your forum profile, where only KPN employees can see it. Click on the three dots (bottom right of your post) and “Bewerk” to remove.

edited: a forum admin has already moved your personal information.

I am a KPN customer like you. You will have to wait at least one week for a KPN employee's reaction. It's busy out here.

Thank you @RBxx  for all the information.

I filled in my personal info in my private forum profile.

These are my contract details. Ingangsdatum is 26-11-2023
So these means that i will be able to use all the service starting with that date? Or this is the period in which I will be billed ?

The funny thing is that i can call with my new SIM, but the sound is just stopping after 2-3 minutes. :))) 
And I can receive calls or SMS…

So if my sim would not be active, I shouldn't even receive calls, right?

The biggest (and most annoying) surprise is that I cannot use internet on mobile data (even if appears 5G, but “no internet connection”).

In plus, I don’t have signal at all on the phone if I am in Germany for example (right on the board with NL). Is not the phone itself having issues, because is new (bought separately, not from kpn): iphone 14. On an older phone with another sim from another provider i have almost full signal…

I’m so dissapointed….

Obviously, as a KPN client I do not have access to your personal details on the KPN systems. For that you must call KPN on 0800-0402 or +31 6 1200 1200 (outside NL). I can only help you by using my experience last year changing from VF to KPN and the information you give here.

As asked before: does the Vodafone sim still work? Did you wait until you lost connection with VF on the “Datum van overzetten” (transfer date) before you placed the KPN sim? That’s the normal procedure when changing to another provider while keeping your number. Does your ‘own number’ already work on the KPN sim or is it still the number which KPN temporarily puts on new sim’s?

I have to check for the old sim from Vodafone, I’m not sure i still have it 😂
I’m going to KPN point this evening, anyway.

Thanks for help/suggestion Ruud.