Skip to main content

Ive been trying to get a new phone over the past few days. I went to the KPN store this past Saturday and signed up for a contract on an existing phone number. I first told the agent that the number had been cancelled and was set to cancel in December. The agent then told me they cant see anything on their system for the cancellation and would convert that number into a new contract for a phone. 

I was told I would get my phone by Tuesday. Tuesday came and I received no communication. I kept  checking “my order” which just said “processsing”.

I contacted the help centre 3 times who just said i must wait. It eventually got today where I had enough and went to the KPN store again. They then said there was some issue and the order didnt go through properly. 

Im pretty sure this has to do with the systems and my number/contract due to be cancelled.

I placed another order with the KPN agent but it seems the same thing is happening. Can someone competent and higher up please look into this and fix whatever is going on?! I can’t be the one to keep contacting KPN to get this sorted. 

Just called again. My order is stuck on processing again. I’ve been given the run around by 5 different consultants, each with different answers. It seems like no one really knows what they are doing? Ive now been told it can take longer than 3 days? I wouldn’t have cancelled the first contract if the consultant had told me that? This is the most frustrating customer experience I have ever had. If I could just be kept up to date on what is really going on, that would be great.

Final update. A gentleman in the De Pijp KPN store helped me. He deserves a raise because he was the first person to actually look into the issue properly. As suspected, my “cancelled” number was causing a system issue. Ordering a new phone on a number to be cancelled does not work, maybe something for your developers to look into.

Anyway, my phone is coming on Tuesday with a new number. 

Hello @WesP, welcome to our KPN community! I am sorry to read that ordering a new subscription and phone did not go according to plan. I am, however, happy to read that the problem has been resolved!