Skip to main content

I have a 2 year subscription with Vodafone that will expire in August and I have internet with KPN so I want to move to KPN mobile too for simplicity and the added benefits.

The problem is that my residence permit expires in April 2024 and the system doesn't allow expiration dates within a year so I can't get a new subscription and apparently I won;t have a subscription for 8 months which I find silly when I have an indefinite work contract, I own a house and I have family and I will of course renew my residence permit in April and I can proof I'll live here at least for a year.
The requirement in the system seems to be useless as no matter whether I choose 2 year, 1 year or monthly cancelable it needs it to be valid only for one year (and not for the full period of the contract as it would make sense). This looks like a form requirement and not a real requirement. Can somebody help me by passing the form limitation and maybe collecting other information that confirms I'm “accountable” for at least July 2024 as the form requires? Thanks in advance.

Hi @freyman, welcome on our forum. 

I'm afraid you have 2 option. The first one is to stick with Vodafone untill you get the new permit. The second one is to get subsciption on a monthly basis instead of 1 or 2 years. You can find the option on the KPN website, it's called "maandelijks opzegbaar”.