Skip to main content

Hello Team, 

I have opted to port my KPN number to another provider. when i asked the other provider about the provider switch they said you need to check with the current KPN provider about it.  can some one let me know how long it takes to get my number ported ? I got the SIM from other provider on 4th of Oct Tue at 6:15 PM .  its been almost 3 days not sure when its will be ported.

Regards,

Ajay R

Hi @Ajay R 

Did you check your contract end date in MijnKPN ?

When porting to another provider it is the new provider who takes the initiative. They should contact the old provider to check whether the number is available for porting. This is the case when the old contract is within the last 120 days of the 1 or 2-year contract period.

You need to contact your new provider for more information. They are in the lead, not KPN.

Hey @RBxx  my current contract end date is 2023 which is one year. I took the contract last month. i am not sure what needs to be done here as its not in 120 days of 1 year contract.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ajay R

Well if your contract is 1 year long and you just started it you have 11 months left. 
You seem to have two options;

1. cancel the contract with the other provider, you should be able to do this if it is not older then 14 days. 

2. Buy out your contract; the monthly payment times 11 is what you is left to pay. If you want to take this route you need to contact KPN at 0800-0402. 

Hi @Ajay R , if your contract with KPN is only running one month in the one year contract, it's impossible to port the number to another provider.

Hey @RBxx make sense but when i went to the other provider they initiated the process and gave me a SIM as well. Now I think i cannot port the number as your saying it should be with in 120 days of the contract. Let me get intouch with the other provider and see what they need to say.

Thanks,

Ajay R

Hi @Ajay R! I’m glad to read you already received the correct information!

Let me get intouch with the other provider and see what they need to say.

Do you have an update? Let us know if you have anymore questions!