Skip to main content

Saturday the 29th, I awoke to a broken Modem, all lights flashing. I went through the online probleem oplosser, and then finally it directed me to make an appointment with a monteur. That was for yesterday, it was a simple problem, all the guy had to do was switch the modem out. He even said, “snel eh”! He then asked me to sign his work off and gave me a tablet with a box to sign in. At no point did he show me anything else on his tablet. Fantastic, the new modem works.

I then get a follow up email from KPN with my invoice!!!!! For 70 euro and 45 minutes work. The guy was literally in my house 10 minutes. And according to when I booked the appointment, and the KPN website, the following applies:

Oplossen

Ervaar je een storing of ander probleem? Via de probleemoplosser bekijk je of je het probleem makkelijk zelf kunt verhelpen of maak je een afspraak met de monteur. De monteur komt gratis langs als de storing bij KPN ligt. En anders helpen we je online verder of maak je een afspraak voor Extra Service.

As it states here, the monteur comes for free if the problem is a KPN one.  I also found it quite rude that on the invoice it states that the Klant, weet over het voorrijdkosten. Actually, nothing was said to me about any costs, and I assumed that I wouldn’t be charged as the modem from KPN was broken. I have been using KPN internet since Planet.nl was first introduced (20+ years). I feel my 108 euro per month is sufficient for me to get a new piece of hardware when needed to run your service without being charged additional fees.

I hope this can be resolved and that you cancel this invoice immediately.

I look forward to a reply on this.

@NJMC Welcome to our forum. 

Sorry to read about your situation. 

What I think happened here is that the mechanic was planned via https://www.kpn.com/service/monteur/servicemonteur.htm

In this case what you would have needed was just a new modem. Or if this was excluded from the troubleshoot a failure mechanic. Scheduled by one of my colleagues on 0800-0402. 

Could you fill in your forum profile and let me know when you did? Then I will check if there is something I can do for you. 

@Rutger_ I managed to solve the problem with Customer Service. Thanks for the reply.