Skip to main content

I have changed my port-forwarding configuration ~1 ago - removed few records and changed some to point to another internal address.
Last time (3-4 months) noticed my internal service is unreachable sometimes.
Today I investigated it and found that for some reason my active port-forwarding is wrong (which I used in the past). Rebooting the modem returned to my correct current configuration.
It seems this happens from time to time on it’s own.
Is it possible that somehow my old config is stored at KPN side and pushed from time to time to my modem for some reason?

Here are screenshots taken:

Before reboot (this was configured a year ago) :

Right after reboot (which is correct):

Model Name: VRV9517
Firmware Version: v5.00.58 build505-owl
Boot Code Version: 1.0.38-161.188
Hardware Version: R01

🖐🏻Hey there!

That could possibly be true, KPN stores the data you've set on your Experia v10A Modem.

You could try resetting your Modem from the Web Interface fully, this could help, If that doesn't help I'd suggest contacting KPN Customer Support to erase it for you.

Hi @Sevk, over a year ago there were some problems with overwriting of port forwardings. This was fixed in firmware  build498-owl. If you had the problems than advice was to reset the modem. I will still advice you that. You will get default settings and have toe configure it as new. 

🖐🏻Hey there!

That could possibly be true, KPN stores the data you've set on your Experia v10A Modem.

We don't store the data on your modem. Only SSID for the wifi. 

You could try resetting your Modem from the Web Interface fully, this could help, If that doesn't help I'd suggest contacting KPN Customer Support to erase it for you.

This is my advice too. 

Thank you, I’ll try resetting the box and reconfigure it.

I noticed in WAN configuration section there is a password for WAN (pppoe?) but it is not shown.
I don't remember KPN provided such password to me. Will it be reset together with other settings? If yes, where can I find it?

Hi @Sevk, over a year ago there were some problems with overwriting of port forwardings. This was fixed in firmware  build498-owl. If you had the problems than advice was to reset the modem. I will still advice you that. You will get default settings and have toe configure it as new. 

🖐🏻Hey there!

We don't store the data on your modem. Only SSID for the wifi. 

This is my advice too. 

@Sevk this should be the username and password that lets the modem connect to our network.It shouldnt disappear. But if it does it should accept anything you put in.