Skip to main content

How Change Port Speed Negotiation Fiber Modem ?

I would like to change the port autonegociation of the KPN fibermodem. 

I am having some problem, droping connection for 2 minutes every hour, with Unifiy UDR and I was advised to change the port to 1G on both side.

I can not access to the modem. The modem is a e Genexis XGS-PON ONT XGS2110-Series  

Someone know how to do it ? 

Thank you

Hi @RuiSantox! I can't directly tell you how to do that. 

What I do read is that the reason you want to do this is that your connection drops regularly. Is this with KPN equipment? And have you contacted our customer support about this? If not, please first do so at 0800-0402. 

The XGS-PON ONT does auto-negotiate the linkspeed so if you set it to 1000Mbit on one side the XGSPON ONT should take that as well. So even though it has a 10Gig port it can do 10, 100, 1000 and 10.000 link speeds.

I do wonder, do the dropouts happen with the KPN supplied router as well? Just to be sure there is nothing wrong with the connection itself.

To Start Thank you for the feedback. And Merry Christmas

The dropout do not happen with the KPN supplied router. I do not think is kpn connection. I contated unifi and they advice me to disable the auto negotioation. Simply configure to 1Gig.

Yes it is quite regular. As you can see at the picture. 

I would like to do what they suggest.  If I call  0800-0402 do you think they will be able to do it ?
After this I will inform unifi about the problem. 

I am not sure if it the PPPoE implementation of Unifi, becuase when i use the KPN router usses dhcp. Still whould like to try what Unifi adviseme. 

Thank you

The XGS-PON ONT does auto-negotiate the linkspeed so if you set it to 1000Mbit on one side the XGSPON ONT should take that as well. So even though it has a 10Gig port it can do 10, 100, 1000 and 10.000 link speeds.

I do wonder, do the dropouts happen with the KPN supplied router as well? Just to be sure there is nothing wrong with the connection itself.

I read the pdf of the equipement. It does 2.5 and 5 gbits too. 

Hi. If i contact customer support to ask change the auto negotiation, to fix 1 Gbit. Do you think they will be able to help me ?

@RuiSantox unfortunately this is not something customer support can help you with. I've checked to see if Service Plus could help with this. But they also indicate that this is not something we can help with.

They did give me this link for help with settings of the USG. Other than that I`m sure there's nothing else we can do from our side. 🙁

Thank you for the info. The info presented at the link i was aware of it. I only use internet so a simple vlan and PPPoE is sufficient to make it work. Something is making drop the connection very periodically. If it is not possible to disable auto negotiation, I will contact Unifi to see if they have newer ideia. Changing the the modem do not make much sense to me because is the best now a days. Tks for the help.