Skip to main content

Hello, 

I recently joined KPN and connecter the router successfully. Now I need to connect my devices in Living room to the network via ethernet cable. The only socket I found is that black wire, is it KPN? If yes how I can turn it into ethernet socket?

Thank you in advance! 

Hi @Dmytro B.. Good question! The black cable on your second photo does not look like an ethernet cable to me. If there is a clear line there that leads to your living room then you could pull a cable through. 

If you can't do that yourself there are some other options. You can book a KPN engineer to do that for you. That isn't free, but luckily also not expensive. You can find more info on that on our webpage about the KPN engineer

Another option could be to buy a DVS. This transports internet signal over powerlines. 

A third option is to use a SuperWifi for this. Added benefit of this is that it improves your wifi. Also, if the Wifi Manager decides you need it to achieve proper decent wifi you get a discount on the SuperWifi. 

I do want to let you know that officially the last two options are not fully supported. What this means is that we can't fully guarantee the signal with those methods. We do work with them. They do work in most situations. But it is important to test them the first 14 days. Because if for whatever reasons it does not work in your home you can return them and get a full refund. 

Hi Bram, you are right, it's a pulling cable and I’ve manage to pull ethernet cable through it and connect my KPN TV. Thanks for helping!

@Dmytro B. glad to hear!

Small tip: we have a “zender van de maand”. It's a channel that normally costs extra that you can watch for free the entire month. This month is NPO 1 Extra. Among other things it shows the top 2000. An event that lists the top 2000 best songs ever, according to whomever voted on it. 🙂 You can see it on channel 42.