Skip to main content

Today our KPN Box 12 seems to have stopped working. It has every light except power on the front lit up, on the back there is no ethernet link lights to the cables. Restarting it doesn’t seem to work and neither does resetting. Any ideas?

Hi and welcome to our forum @DCT!

It indeed seems like your KPN Box 12 isn't working properly anymore, especially if all lights stay on even after (trying to) resetting it. The fastest way to get it fixed, is by calling (phonenumber 0800-0402) or chatting with our customerservice. That way our colleagues will help you right away with troubleshooting and resolving this issue. 

If you prefer help via our forum, that's alright as wel of course. In that case, please fill in your forum profile as much as you can, and let us know over here you've done so. Then we'll help you with it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I cannot seem to launch a chat window (both chrome and firefox), the issue using the phone is it is the internet connection now for a whole house so a 15 minute wait will not be appreciated :)
Is there an email adress to register this?

We also have a different router with WAN, is it possible to connect this using PPPoe?

You can also find the chat button on www.kpn.com/service >internet >Ik heb een andere vraag of wil graag contact > (scroll down a bit further) > naar chat. 
First our digital assistent will try to help you but it'll put you through to one of our colleagues there! Usually calling 0800-0402 (toll free) is a bit quicker and easier though.

You could also use your own modem! We have a special page for this here: Eigen apparatuur instellen en gebruiken and a specific topic here on our forum: 

both are in dutch sadly but they should have the information you need!

Thanks Thomas,

The guide was super helpful and easy to translate. I guess I don’t need a replacement router after all and I can have one less device in my home! It’s really cool that KPN provide this sort of information and flexibility.

Cheers,

Duncan

Great! Thanks for the feedback Duncan!