Skip to main content

I'm trying to use my SIM overseas (South Africa), so that people can still contact me on WhatsApp on my KPN number, but I can not seem top buy prepaid credit. The app just times out when I try to buy via PayPal. How can I do that? Is my SIM deactivated? Sorry, my Dutch is bad, but I understand it.

Hi @Blomjas, welcome. 

If you haven't used prepaid the last 6 months, the credit will be frozen. You have to top up credit. Can you buy credit via the website by using PayPal?

As I already said in my post "the app just times out when I try to top up via PayPal", so I don't know why you ask something already stated in the post.

If it is frozen, how do I "unfreeze" it? 

The PayPal app times out? I thought you meant de MijnKPN app or de Prepaid app

When frozen you still have 90 days to top up. If not your number will be deactivated. Please fill in your profile with number and simcardnumber. Let me know when you did. Ik will check it for you. 

Hoe lang is mijn prepaidtegoed geldig?

Heb je je beltegoed 6 maanden niet gebruikt?

Als je langer dan 6 maanden je aansluiting niet gebruikt, wordt je beltegoed bevroren voor 90 dagen. Je kunt dan nog wel gebeld worden, bellen naar gratis nummers en opwaarderen. Om je beltegoed weer vrij te maken, moet je het binnen 90 dagen na de bevriezing opwaarderen.

• Waardeer je in deze 90 dagen op? Dan komt het bevroren tegoed weer vrij. Je kunt weer bellen, sms’en en internetten.
  • Waardeer je in deze 90 dagen je prepaidtegoed niet op? Dan kunt je niet meer bellen en gebeld worden. Je mobiele nummer en simkaart werken niet meer. Wil je weer kunnen bellen, bestel dan een nieuw prepaidpakket of abonnement. Het is niet meer mogelijk om je oude nummer mee te nemen.

Hi Bart. 1) As I said before the KPN mobile app just times out and never gets to the PayPal app. 2) I also looked at your desktop app, but I can't see anywhere to top up on there at all. 3) I added my number to my profile. 4) I can't see anywhere on the profile which says "simcard number", so don't know where to fill in. 5) there are 2 numbers on the SIM, a 10 digit number starting with 893... and a 9 digit number starting with 123... So which one are you referring to and where must it be filled in in the profile? I really hope you can help, since I received an SMS saying my number will be cancelled in 30 days. Please help! 🙏

Thank you. I notified my collegaus about the issue. Hopefully they can't find why PayPal won't open.

For now I have enough information. Thank you.