Skip to main content

I tried to purchase a roaming data plan by sending a text to 1266 using the code VSCAN 15 AAN (I also tried VSCAN 10 AAN) and received a reply that the code was not recognized. This is the code I found on the website for purchasing when I arrived in the USA. What is the correct code?

Earlier you requested your simcard to be activated from abroad.
This request was placed in the category "Prepaid” and you asked “to activate my prepaid sim”.

The code(s) VSCAN 10 or 15 are only valid for a KPN subscription, so they will not work for prepaid.

KPN Prepaid doesn't have data plans outside the EU, Andorra, Norway and Switzerland.

Earlier you requested your simcard to be activated from abroad.
This request was placed in the category "Prepaid” and you asked “to activate my prepaid sim”.

The code(s) VSCAN 10 or 15 are only valid for a KPN subscription, so they will not work for prepaid.

KPN Prepaid doesn't have data plans outside the EU, Andorra, Norway and Switzerland.

I appreciated the feedback. I was told before I came here that this prepaid SIM and the codes would work. The website shows that these should work. Is anyone with KPN actually able to confirm how I would be able to use this SIM (it is a prepaid) here? @moderator

I'm afraid you were misinformed about using these codes with the prepaid SIM card in the USA.
A moderator will respond to this topic in one or more days and I expect them to confirm that.

Hi @candycane

With prepaid you can't buy bundles for the USA. 😞 RBxx said it right. Too bad to hear you wasn't informed well. 

You can find the tariff plan for the USA on our website:

Ik ben in Verenigde Staten

Je bent in Verenigde Staten en belt of sms't naar iemand in Nederland of een land in de tariefregio 'de VS en Canada'.

• Internet:  € 2,50 / MB

• Bellen:  € 1,75 / min

• Gebeld worden:  € 1,28 / min

• Sms versturen:  € 0,77 / sms

• Sms ontvangen:  gratis