Skip to main content

I have been trying to configure the super wifi 2 for a day now and no luck, I connected them with the yellow cable to the modem, waited 30+ minutes and disconnect them, light goes back to purple.

I have reset them several times, waited always 30+ minutes when they have a solid green light, but always as soon as I disconnect them from the modem they go purple.

I have read/follow the instructions related in the knowledge bank and always same result.

Any idea or something else I could do to configure them?

Hey Mapor,  

Can you login to your Superwifi 2 with a browser and check what firmware you are using. ?   

According to the manual a purple light indicates that the Superwifi point still uses its original firmware.  

If it still is the factory firmware you have to update it to the latest version.  

You can find the update button under de settings section of your Superwifi point.  

Sorry.. misread the manual.   purple indicates that you are still using the factory config.  

it should sync the config from your modem.   so i assume there is something not going right.  

Then it depends on what modem you have what to do next.  

Sorry.. misread the manual.   purple indicates that you are still using the factory config.  

it should sync the config from your modem.   so i assume there is something not going right.  

Then it depends on what modem you have what to do next.  

Yeah, I also read purple means the config didn't work, my modem is a kpn box 12, is there anything special that has to be done for this to work?

I think you have to reset that superwifi 2 point to factory defaults and reattach the superwifi 2 point with the utp cable for 30 minutes so it can sync its configuration from the modem. 

After that it should work. 

Hopefully this works.. 

or perhaps an reboot from the box 12 is needed the get the syncing progress started.

I'll reboot the box 12 in the morning and then plug-in the superwifi after reset for 30 o more minutes to see if that does the trick let you know of it works or is still the same 

Keep us posted..   and have a good evening.l  

Well I tried what you suggested and same result, led light is still purple, at this point I don't know what else I could try, maybe I'll end up buying some different wifi extenders or something 😕

Mapor,  

You are not the only one with exactly the same problem on here.   

the reaction from a KPN moderator indicates that maybe there is something in the configuration of the box 12 and/ or the wifipoints.  I guess we have to wait the outcome of that investigation. 

if i read or hear somethiing about it ill let you know.  

Mapor,  

You are not the only one with exactly the same problem on here.   

the reaction from a KPN moderator indicates that maybe there is something in the configuration of the box 12 and/ or the wifipoints.  I guess we have to wait the outcome of that investigation. 

if i read or hear somethiing about it ill let you know.  

Well good to know is not an issue just for me, well I'll give it some time maybe they find a solution.

Thanks for your help and happy new yearÂ