Skip to main content

Hello, I have a SuperWifi point that is connected with a wire to the modem. And the speed that it gives to my phone is only around 20Mbps. On my laptop which is set up 2 meters away from the SuperWifi the speed is ever lower - 10 Mbps. If I unplug the SuperWifi, the speed remains within the same range, so I have a feeling that it doesn’t work at all, although it has a stable green light when plugged in.

Google translate:

Ik heb een SuperWifi punt dat met een draadje verbonden is met het modem. En de snelheid die het aan mijn telefoon geeft, is slechts ongeveer 20 Mbps. Op mijn laptop, die op 2 meter afstand van de SuperWifi staat, is de snelheid steeds lager: 10 Mbps. Als ik de SuperWifi loskoppel, blijft de snelheid binnen hetzelfde bereik, dus ik heb het gevoel dat hij helemaal niet werkt, ook al brandt hij stabiel groen als hij is aangesloten.

Hi and welcome to our forum @Refaerds.

How was the speed before, or has it always been around 20 Mbps? Do you have the option to check the internetspeed through a cable, by connecting a computer or laptop directly to your modem? It is in Dutch, but what does our Wifi Manager say about your connection? It is a handy servicetool to check your wifi connection and help you improve it, maybe you can use Google Translate to use it.

Same goes for our SuperWifi article, this tells you more about SuperWifi and helps you to do a ‘clean installation, which can be very helpful: