Skip to main content

Hi,

I have KPN box 12b and two super wifi 2 points. I am trying to install the superwifi 2 points. however the points are showing red light. When I connect one Superwifi point modem it shows green. But these are not working wirelessly i.e. as soon as I remove the ethernet cable it becomes red.
I have tried all possible steps provided in the forum multiple time. Like resetting, etc.

I have even called over phone and was told that I will get a call back with solution but didn’t happen.

Please help. I need them to work urgently in Mesh else these are of no use.

Hello, I have the exact same issue with the exact same KPN box firmware. Earlier I received a text message from KPN that they are doing an upgrade of the modem and some things might not work. I would have never imagined that the mesh system would stop working. This is very annoying. Is it possible to reverse the upgrade somehow? It would be nice to have a fix for this from KPN since I bought the mesh system from KPN!!!

I also tried resetting everything, calling CS who advised me to push the WPS buttons, still all is red. Nothing works and it is a struggle to keep a smart home without the mesh (baby cameras are constantly out of range). Please fix asap!

Hello, I have the exact same issue with the exact same KPN box firmware. Earlier I received a text message from KPN that they are doing an upgrade of the modem and some things might not work. I would have never imagined that the mesh system would stop working. This is very annoying. Is it possible to reverse the upgrade somehow? It would be nice to have a fix for this from KPN since I bought the mesh system from KPN!!!

I also tried resetting everything, calling CS who advised me to push the WPS buttons, still all is red. Nothing works and it is a struggle to keep a smart home without the mesh (baby cameras are constantly out of range). Please fix asap!

If you received on the v12 the new software V12.C.23.04.16 and also have black superwifi mesh connected then this software  version breaks functionality. The solution is the Superwifi,s also need new software release to be able to join them again with the v12.

I have the white Superwifi ones. Is it possible to upgrade their firmware to match the blackbox?

I have the white Superwifi ones. Is it possible to upgrade their firmware to match the blackbox?

Unfortunately not. Kpn did not announce yet new software for white ones. Best is to connect minimal one of the superwifi,s with a ethernet cable directly on the modem. Then turn wifi off on the v12. Keep pressing the wifi button on the side until wifi led goes off. The wifi now only runs on the superwifis. To change settings on the wifi make contact with the interface of the superwifi,s and login. 

To return to the previous situation kpn has to exchange devices because this software should not have landed on the v12 in combination with the white superwifi,s.

@Akshay Agarawal Welcome to our forum. 

Sorry to read that you are not able to connect by mesh. Is it correct that you bought the Superwifi recently?

If that is the case you got the new firmware on your modem. And mesh is not working with Superwifi. Which means 1 of the Superwifi points has to be connected by a cable. 

And the wifi of the modem should be shut off. 

@Gabor Nagy Welcome to our forum. 

I see that you have had the Superwifi points for a longer time. Strange that you already got the firmware update. 

You could try the first part of @BruisTablet his last reation. 

But I am afraid that we can't exchange devices in this situation. 

Could you let me know if the coverage is enough when connected like this? 

Sorry to read that you are not able to connect by mesh. Is it correct that you bought the Superwifi recently?

If that is the case you got the new firmware on your modem. And mesh is not working with Superwifi. Which means 1 of the Superwifi points has to be connected by a cable. 

I see that you have had the Superwifi points for a longer time. Strange that you already got the firmware update. 

You could try the first part of @BruisTablet his last reation. 

Hi @Rutger_  Yes, I got a new connection recently, and yes I get that in the new firmware mesh isn't working. No, I don't have good coverage as I need it for my Second floor. And if I have to leave one connected to modem that leaves me with only one wifi point, which doesn't give good connection after first floor. Since I purchased the wifi point with my new connection, new firmware version shouldn't have been pushed to my modem and now that it has already been pushed, when can the new version be pushed to wifi points or what is the solution for getting good coverage. As seeing the situation I am in I don't really feel good investing in KPN connection or buying a new wifi point.

@Akshay Agarawal I send you a private message. 

Could you also fill in your forum profile? 

Then I can do what we spoke about. :)

@Akshay Agarawal I send you a private message. 

Could you also fill in your forum profile? 

Then I can do what we spoke about. :)

Hi @Rutger_ I have filled my forum profile now. Let me know if that’s enough

You could try the first part of @BruisTablet his last reation. 

It works well I tested today while working from the attic. Could it be that I got the upgrade because we got a new router for a different subscription than for which the Superwifi points were purchased? Thanks for the follow-up above!

@Gabor Nagy Yes, there is a good chance that that is the reason why the modem got the new firmware!