Skip to main content

Hello! I currently have a mobile subscription that includes an iPhone 13 Pro, valid until May 2024. I'll be relocating from the Netherlands to the United States at the end of November. The municipality will provide me with the reregistration documents five days before my departure. Additionally, I need to close my bank account here. I've been unable to find information on how to cancel my contract earlier. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks

Welcome to the KPN forum @LeilaMnd 

You are emigrating to America and want to cancel your current mobile subscription with KPN.
This is also possible and you can inform KPN via the online form.
KPN will then ensure that your mobile subscription is terminated on the day of emigration.

Via this link you will go to the page where you can fill in the form (blue buttom) (this is in Dutch):
Emigreren

Important information in advance:

I am going to emigrate, what should I do?

You are moving abroad. Exciting! Your contract ends on the date you emigrate. We will not charge you for the remainder of your contract period. The costs of your subscription will be refunded.

If you have a device credit, you must pay it off first. We will then cancel your mobile subscription.

We need the following:

Proof of deregistration from the municipality or your employment contract abroad or a statement from your study institution abroad.

Your customer number

Your contact details

Indicate which mobile number you may want to keep by having your subscription converted to prepaid. Complete the online form and add this information.

To have helped you with this.

Thank you for the prompt response! I will be receiving my reregistration letter from the municipality on November 27th. Since I acquired my phone through the subscription, do I need to pay an additional fee for the mobile service? Also, it's worth noting that my contract is scheduled to end in May 2024.

Hi @LeilaMnd 

I was happy to do it for you.

I will also answer your question.
You must pay off your smartphone (mobile phone) in full, which you took out together with the KPN subscription.
You will then receive an invoice to pay this.

But you can also choose to pay off your smartphone in full now, so that you can get rid of it completely.
This is called early repayment (of your mobile phone).
Here is the link to the page where you can arrange this yourself:

Vervroegd aflossen

You will then receive an email within two working days with a link to pay the remaining amount of your smartphone via iDeal.

Your KPN mobile subscription itself ends on the day you emigrate to America, and so does your payment.

Is everything clear and bright to you now?
Otherwise I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you for the prompt response. Would you please tell me what is the credit number? I could not find it in my invoices. 

Thanks

https://www.kpn.com/service/administratie/facturen/betaalmogelijkheden.htm

Het is ook mogelijk om een betaling te doen via internetbankieren. Vermeld daarbij altijd je debiteuren- of klantnummer en kies het juiste KPN-rekeningnummer:

• TV, Internet en bellen: rekeningnummer NL41INGB0000467598 ten name van KPN B.V.
  • Thuisbellen: rekeningnummer NL59INGB0001148020 ten name van KPN B.V.
  • Mobiel: rekeningnummer NL83INGB0000325513 ten name van KPN B.V.

Thanks! I found the credit number, and filled out the form!

Thank you for your help!

Â