Skip to main content

TLDR; I have been waiting for somebody from VolkerWessels Telecom (contractor of KPNNetwerk) to handle broken fiber optics connection.

In April, a FTU is installed into my apartment (together with 41 other apartments in the building unit). And it is said that I will able to take a fiber optics connection on June 3rd. I received ONT and KPN router so that I can connect it on my own on June 3rd. However, I was not able to connect it on my own as the connection light didn’t turn on. I called KPN customer service and they forwarded a technician to connect it for me on June 6th. No luck with this as well as he said there is no connection so he needs to create a ticket with KPNNetwerk. That is also done and after one week, one technician came from KPNNetwerk and verified that fiber optics is broken so it needs to be replaced. This is where VolkerWessels came into play and I am still waiting for them to fix the fiber optic cable. In the process, I had so many different responses:
- KPN told me that this is an apartment wide issue (not correct, one of my neighbors told me that he is using it for more than 2 months)
- VolkerWessels said me that they are waiting for digging permit (which is not logical as only my connection is broken in the apartment)

Nevertheless, I had tools on my end to visually identify broken fiber optics (basically a laser) since I have a fiber optic cabling throughout my apartment and decided to use it. You will see the results below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mpQx31zBYo4mbJiTlKBCRyrZ5gzpxfkd/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1naf7QfzkFT_zXz93L2-13RYs8xfPgQTt/view?usp=share_link

I had already prepared a line from FTU to my router + switch stack so I used this cable to send light beams through laser so that I can identify the problem. As you can see from the second video, mechanical fusion point is broken so that light beam cannot pass to main core.

I tried to contact VolkerWessels but they connected me to KPN so wanted to open a topic here. I hope somebody from KPN side will see it

Er zijn nog geen reacties. Reageer als eerste.

Reageer