Skip to main content

Hi,

I recently connected to KPN provider and yesterday they sent me the router. I connected it to the network (wall socket) and plugged in the router, and it shows a red light instead of green. I am able to connect to the router via WiFi but the internet is missing.

What am I doing wrong?

Or maybe the problem is from KPN side?

Hi @mihai.seremet 

Didn't you receive an order confirmation from KPN earlier, with the activation date on it?

You might be too early, probably KPN is not ready yet.

@RBxx I received an email saying that I can connect starting 2nd of March. It’s March 5th already. Also when I try to track the status online, it says “You product is ready to be installed”.

Ok, it must be something else then. A KPN forum moderator has to look into this then. Or (faster) call KPN customer service on 0800 0402 (free).

Advice: ignore the Dutch speaking computer voice and wait for a real person to answer your call.

Hey Mihai, welcome! Thanks for filling in your profile. With that I've taken a look into what's up and I see that activation hasn't succeeded. The installation date is, indeed, today. What normally happens is that you connect the Experia Box and that triggers the activation. However, that has not worked. Now, I see you've taken RBxx's advice and called us. I see that the colleague tried to plan a technician but that did not work. So, he has put in a request for the back office to do this. Seeing as it is evening, it will be at least tomorrow before they get to that request. 

Because the colleague couldn't plan technician, it means that I cannot either. So, in the mean time, what you can try is the following. This sometimes helps trigger activation after all.

• unplug the Experia Box from the connection point
  • reset the Experia Box through the reset hole on the back (press inside with a small pin for a few seconds until the power-light turns red)
  • wait a few minutes until the lights stop changing, then reconnect it to the connection point. Hopefully, in a minute or two, the internet light will go green

Thanks @Erik_ 

I tried reseting the router but unfortunately it didn't help.

I will wait for a technician to come and fix the issue, hopefully it will be asap.

Hi @Erik_ 
Are there any updates regarding a technician to fix my internet?

I would like to have it fixed asap :slight_smile:

Thanks

Sorry to hear that resetting didn't help 😞 Unfortunately, it's still impossible at this time for me to plan the technician. I'm running into the same problem as my colleague from last night. Which means that we can do nothing but wait for the back office to contact you. There's a little time in their working day left, but I fear it will be tomorrow before they call. Be advised, also, that my colleagues will be calling from an anonymous number.

@Erik_  Any updates on this? I still wasn’t contacted by any person from KPN. It’s been 4 days and I’m starting to lose my patience.

@mihai.seremet Since it's late already, I sent you a private message. We are now able to schedule a technician for you.
I have sent you a private message with the available dates and times that we have engineers available.:grin:

For all our forum visitors! We were (finally) able to schedule a technician. The moment of truth is tomorrow between 15.00-17.00H. Keep us updated! :innocent:

@mihai.seremet Hi! I haven't heard from you ever since, so I assume the mechanic solved your problem. If not, please let us know. :smile:

@Lisa Yes, the technician solved the issue.Thank you very much!

Reageer