Skip to main content

Hi people,

I switched to hussel 200 but my download speed is still around 100Mb/s. Do I need a different modem?

Kind Regards,

Eugen

*Admin: response split off, own topic created.

Do you have a glasfiber connection or a VDSL connection?

When you have VDSL, what does fourstack tell you about the maximum possible speed on your address?

I have VDSL and I see next 

Technologie

Internet Snelheid

Koper/DSL

213 Mbit/s

Bonded Koper/DSL

Is your Experia Box connected to the "ISRA" point with a Y cable? (One plug in the Expedia Box and two in the ISRA?

No! I have just one-to-one cabel. Where can I get Y cable?

No! I have just one-to-one cabel. Where can I get Y cable?

Just to avoid any mistakes, could you please provide a real screenshot of the fourstack page. Please remove te postalcode and housenumber before you make the screenshot.

Which Experia Box do you have?

I have ZTE Experiabox v10

And here is screenshot that you asked

OK,  forget the Y cable as this is a VVDSL connection.

The Experia Box V10 is absolutely capable to handle 200Mbps so no other Experia Box is needed.

I assume you measure that speed from a PC that is connected via a network cable and not via wifi.

I have one of the best WiFi from a couple of years ago. Do you think it is a wifi setting?

Please measure the speed on a PC that is connected through a network cable.

What speed do you measure?

That is impossible for now - I have mac and I don’t have an adapter for the network cable.

I just use speedtest.net in the browser.

In order to determine if it is the line to Internet that is still limited to 100Mbps you must measure the speed through a wired PC.

Also use this speedtest tool or use the server from RoutIT B.V. in Ede within speedtest.net.

Only when your MAC is connected through 5GHz wifi (not 2.4GHz) and the distance to the Experia Box is small I would expect speeds that are equal to the speed on a wired PC.

Can you also make a screenshot of the DSL status page on your Experia Box where the attainable and actual rates are shown?

What is the value for the actual rate?

it was rebooted 31 hours ago - exactly when I switched to the new tariff.

Ok, now it's clear, the actual rate is just above 100Mbps.

That means your line is currently not capable of higher speeds.

I hope a moderator from KPN will respond shortly as this is NOT good.

When fourstack says that a speed above 200Mbps is possible then the actual speed should at least be near that value.

Thank you! Appreciate your help and I will just call KPN service to speedup the process.

Hi jack, welcome on our board. 

Did you manage to solve this by calling us? If not, please fill in your info here. Let me know when it's done. :) 

Hi Alex, I called Friday and got assigned to V+ connection switch. It should happen at the start of the next month.

Hi Alex, I called Friday and got assigned to V+ connection switch. It should happen at the start of the next month.

Glad to hear. Reach out if you need anything.

Have a great day!