Skip to main content

I have been a KPN subscriber (mobile and internet) since i moved here in NL. And also was a Ziggo subscriber last year and Vodaphone for work.  

I  lived in 3 other countries (developing and developed) and have done subscriptions to various internet providers. Almost all internet providers in those countries and ZIGGO can install the internet at home within 3-5 days from the time of application. 

I am just curious why KPN (before the epidemic happened) can only install/activate the internet at least 15 days from time of application? Normally 2-3 weeks. Does it really have a complicated system structure? 

Please note that this is a sincere question. Just trying to figure out why KPN is lagging in this part of service. Thank you. 

I just want to add that I am overall happy with KPN service, internet speed etc.. that’s why I switched back from Ziggo to KPN this year. 

But the installation / activation service is really a slow and a hassle. :)

Hi alrey, welcome on our board. 

First of all let me say I don't 100% know the ins and outs of the order flow of our proces or how this is done in other countries. I think it varies depending the infrastructure. There are various steps between you placing yourorder, starting with creating your e-mailadres to delivering the finished product (internet, tv and phone). Under the hood these are actually 3 different accounts. There is also the financial side of the situation, technically there is no barrier to deliver a new order within 24 hours. But at what cost? It's not interesting for us or our customers to deliver within a shorter time periode at a higher cost if this results in a higher monthly price. You need a healthy balance. Then there is also the question about customer needs, is this that important to oud customers? I expect not. I do get that there will always be exceptions. 

We are experimenting though with connecting households within the day. So perhaps it will be widely available, you never know what the future will bring. Well, al least regarding this subject I don't. ;)