Skip to main content

Hi, 

I received yesterday from KPN my SagemCom F5359 (192.168.2.254) which comes with my new optic fiber connection.

All is running fine but there are only little settings changes possible with this router and the main problem is that I can’t do port forwarding with my internal server having the address 192.168.2.1.

It only works if I expose my server in the DMZ but it’s not what I want to do.

I would like to forward ports like http and https nothing special here but it doesn’t work.

Anyone having the same trouble with port forwarding on Sagemcom F5359 (192.168.2.254)

I am doing port forwarding on my other routers or modems for the last 20 years without any problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Olivier

Hi @Olivier-fr, welcome. 

I understand the port forwarding is not working as you wish. You did follow the instruction as seen here? If so what doesn't work exactly?

Hi @Bart_Z ,

I see on the picture in this article that it is not necessary to enter a value for the external IP address. So I did exactly the same but I the big difference is that I have been trying to set the external IP address.

I will try soon again without filling in the external IP address.

The work around for me actually was to put my server in the DMZ and activate the firewall but I prefer the port forwarding as I don’t want to expose my server.

I will let you if it works but for now I am in France for 10 days….

Thank you for your help and I keep you posted.

Please do. I hope it will work. If not try to fill in both. Internal as external the same. 

I haven't seen a reaction anymore, so I assume it works. 

Hi Bart_Z,

Well I am still in France for now. I am there for the last 3 weeks this is why I didn’t yet answer you.

I should go back this week home to NL and then I will test it.

Sorry for the delay ...

No problem. Enjoy. I will hear from you.

Hi Bart_Z,

I have been defining the port forwarding as explained in the instruction link you sent me and it works!

It’s great ! I didn’t know that I could use the “*” as the external IP address.

I removed my server from the DMZ and all is working as expected.

Thank you very much for your help and patience 😉 from France.

P.S: I might open another topic about adding routes inside this router but I think it’s not allowed or it’s an hidden panel with this router.

Nice. You're welcome. :)

We are looking forward to see your next topic.