Skip to main content

I am a new KPN customer. 

I arrange from December to have internet at my new place starting January 15.

Today, at the start of my contract I get called and I am told that I have to wait another month for my package. There was already a contract on my address. This house was empty long before I got it.

Why coudn’t they have checked before hand? Why must I have been informed so late? This seems to me as very poor communication between the departments. I was told I’ll get another router and another package for this month. 

Not a good first impression from KPN.

If they have to wait a month to close the current package why coudn’t I be allowed to use it and then be changed into mine? A lot of red flags.

Hi @AndreiV! Welcome here. ​Thank you for your topic. it's very busy here, that's why I'm only responding now.  I'm sorry to hear that you were informed this late.
It seems like you already have a temporary solution for the internet. Did you receive the router, which my colleagues said they were going to provide you with? 
I hope that this (MiFi-)router works for you. 

Yes, but, they send a mobile wifi with a sim card that had 50gb. To use that in a house where everything happens online, I ran out of it in 2 days. So now I am left without an internet connection again.  Can something be done about it?

Yes! Please enter the 097-number or sim card number of the sim card here. I will top-up the credit. @AndreiV 

893108021912892144 9

Thank you a lot! Do let me know how much GBs will be available!

Hi @AndreiV, Thank you for the information. I added 5 bundles op 50GB. This credit lasts up until the 28th.  After this we need to, manually, top-up the credit again. 
Please let me know if you run out of internet. :blush:

EDIT: If the Mifi-router doesn't work. Please turn it off completely and restart it. 

Hi @AndreiV, Thank you for the information. I added 5 bundles op 50GB. This credit lasts up until the 28th.  After this we need to, manually, top-up the credit again. 
Please let me know if you run out of internet. :blush:

EDIT: If the Mifi-router doesn't work. Please turn it off completely and restart it. 

Thank you very much for the swift action! You made my moving here a lot smoother!

Just added two more bundles to cover another week of internet. 

Just added two more bundles to cover another week of internet. 

Thank you a lot!

Just checking, the internet will be available in February, my own bundle? I have received 2 letters with boxes from KPN intended for the last tenants here, which obviously do not live here anymore. I hope their lack of response does not make the transition process harder. 

Kind regards,

Andrei

@AndreiV Your welcome! No worries, this will not slow down the process. You and the previous occupant/owner are not dependent on each other at this stage. You can send the letters back to us. You don't have to send the boxes back. (You can send them back of course, but it's not necessary). 

How to send the letters back?
1) Draw a cross through the address details with a pen.
2) Write on the envelope 'Departed - Return sender'.
3) Put the letter in an orange PostNL-letterbox or drop it off at a PostNL point.

PostNL returns all shipments to the sender (us > KPN). 

When we receive the letter, we will stop sending letters to your address and we will contact the previous occupant to change the (billing)address.  

Hi! Thank you for the continuous support over the last month. This should be the day the connection starts. At the moment, the first router, the one I got for the proper wifi connection, has the internet led blinking green, and I cannot access internet from it, not even the 192.168.1.1 admin panel. I have not tried an wired connection yet. The portable router I think, has ran out of gbs or they have expired, cause I can’t use it anymore. Do you have a time frame for when the internet should kick in ? For the internet, There’s the optic fiber from kpn plugged into a special receiver, from that an ethernet cable to my router. 

@Lisa update, the alarm led on the nokia box (that has the optical fibre plugged in from the kpn box) is red.

@Lisa still no internet, still a red alarm 

@AndreiV Ohnooo! I'm sorry for my late reply. I wasn't working the last couple of days. Do you still have a red alarm or no connection?
If so, please enter your personal details in your profile. Zip code, house number, and customer number are enough for now. 
If you did this. Let me know in a reply. It's the only way for me to get a notification of your message. I assume that the signal isn't activated yet. 

Can you maybe take a picture of the fiberglass box and router? I'm curious how everything is connected. 

Hey, no worries! I talked on the phone with KPN, they said this is a problem they have seen before, I have a technician coming this Tuesday. They gave me extra mobile data to cope and said if I need more to just call. The alarm is still there. I will send some pictures tomorrow.

Great! Let me know if you need any support in the future. Good luck with the technician:sunglasses: