Skip to main content

Dear Community, 

I have a problem for quite a while now and as I am applying for jobs in Germany it got a bit more serious. 

I do not know why, but anytime a German number that is not a contact in my phone wants to call me, it is simply now possible. My phone doesn’t ring, nor does it show a missed call. 

Today, I tried it myself from a number that is not a contact in my phone, and I saw it myself. The number was correct (also obviously included +31 as it is a Dutch number), and also no settings in my phone block any numbers. 

Can someone please help me, as this is really important (btw, calls from Australia are also not shown at all in my phone...)

Hi @Nina Marie 

Welcome to the KPN forum

I advise you to reset the network settings in your smartphone once, so that any errors are removed and the correct network settings are restored.
This often solves many problems, such as those you are experiencing now.

Here are the steps to reset the network settings:

Do you have an iPhone:

Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Transfer or reset edevice]' > 'Reset' > 'Reset network settings'. This will reset not only Wi-Fi networks and passwords, but also mobile settings and previously used VPN and APN settings.

Do you have an Android device:

In most cases, you can find the option to reset network settings in Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access point names > options icon > Reset network settings, or in Settings > Mobile networks > Reset data.

Let us know if this solved the problem!!

Hi @Nina Marie, welcome to the forum. That is a strange issue, and given the circumstances very annoying! Have you tried resetting the network settings as Michel mentioned? Did that improve it? There are no details on your profile, so I can't see more about this. It is also possible to give us a call about this, you can reach us at 0800-0402. A colleague will be able to look into this with you.