Skip to main content

I recently switched to KPN in hope of better coverage when traveling abroad. I currently have an iPhone 14 Pro from the US (not sim locked as I have had other dutch providers) which means there is no slot for the SIM card. Luckily I kept my old phone where I could activate my new KPN SIM card.

Yesterday I received a notification from KPN that my phone number had been moved to the new subscription. Both yesterday and today I have tried to install the Esim following the guide provided by KPN but it does not work. Either I get an error message early on in the process or I make it all the way through and when it is trying to activate it fails and tells me to contact KPN.

I have contacted KPN support numerous times and they’re unable to help… 

Is there anything I can do besides going to a store? I am in Denmark at the moment and unable to visit a physical store.

Let me know if any extra info is needed!

Hi @Bundgaard, welcome! Very unfortunate to hear that it's not working! You should be able to activate the esim abroad when you are connected to wifi. Are you? If not, please try again. If you are connected to wifi and it doesn't work, the only other option is to wait until you get back in the Netherlands and order a physical simcard. You can get one via MijnKPN app or in a KPN store.Â