Skip to main content
Vraag

My messages are not received by the recipients

• 8 September 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 24 keer bekeken

Hello there!

After getting in touch with a support agent, I was told to make a topic here because of the problem not being solved. 

The issue is that my messages are not received by several people who I send them to. 

I recently became a KPN customer and got an Unlimited subscription for mobile data, calls, and messages around the whole EU. When I’m sending a message to someone with a Dutch number, everything works fine. When I’m doing the same thing but to a Latvian number (+371…), it never works always the same. For instance, one friend of mine can receive my messages (she has an iPhone, and both typical and iMessages can be received), but when it comes to my parents (not iPhones), and the number stays the same (+371…), the typical message won’t get through and they won’t receive anything even if it shows me that the message is delivered. 

I was told to play with iPhone settings and try to turn off iMessages, which I did and it didn’t help, as well as change the main number from where Send&Receive works - it also didn’t change a thing.

I would really appreciate your assistance in this matter, because I have no idea how to act next.

Thank you!

Hi @NikitaBel, welcome to our community! I haven't seen this issue before and don't have a ready explanation or solution for this. Do calls go through?
Because there's a difference between iPhones and other phones I also think it might be some setting on your phone. You could also post this question on the Apple Community or maybe contact Apple Support

So, unfortunately, I also have no idea why this happens.

All calls go through.

The thing is that I can’t find correlation between numbers that can receive my messages and which can not. 

Whenever I’m sending a typical SMS, it might be the case that it shows a loading line, and then it disappears, which should mean that the message is delivered. 

I don’t think it’s somehow connected with iPhone settings, because it’s a typical SMS, not an iMessage.

I dont really have an explanation for this. Does the other person experience this with other people as well? It might be something on their end.
If something was wrong with the settings on our end it would always happen with all numbers in any other country.
Maybe you could try a different phone with your simcard?

Reageer