Skip to main content

Hello.

I’m having the same problem since last Friday I arrived to Portugal and I can’t have a proper internet speed. Sometime is less than 0 Mbps other just around 1 or 2 Mbps. When I call someone I loose the internet connection.

Most is the times the 4G sign is on but speed does not match. 

Could you please check? 

Admin: eigen topic aangemaakt. Oorspronkelijke topic

Hi @LuisM, welcome to our forum. We have no control over mobile networks in other country's.  I understand uou can connect to a local network, but the speed isn't good. Have you tried to restart your phone or connect to a different local network?

Hi @Jasper ,

thanks for the answer almost one week after I created the post, however the problem is indeed KPN. Service got back to working normally on December 1st exactly at midnight when the subscription was renewed.  The problem is that for some reason the 20 Gb + 150 minutes subscription was not properly configurated for roaming. As soon as the new unlimited subscription kicked in, everything was working properly. And, no, the bundle was not expired - I was at almost 50% of Mb usage.

I called several times to the customer support and no one could solve the problem and everyone was wild guessing and feeding me incorrect explanations for the problem. First was the Portuguese carrier problem, then it was mountains, then it was an expired bundle, then it was the phone… stop guessing and just listen to customers. 

It is definitely a good motivation to change carrier because a service that does not work when we need and no one can help you, is not a service, is a waist of money.

That is strange @LuisM, if the speed goes down you would expect the bundle to have expired, but that wasn't the case. I don't know what could have been the cause, 

And remember that this is a forum, it is not a chat where you'll get an immediate response. If it is very busy, it can take longer before we can respond.