Skip to main content
Good evening,

I live in Belgium and work in the Netherlands.

I have a dutch bank account that has money on it at all times, and bsn number.

I called yesterday KPN customer support, they told me that I would need to go to a KPN store with my passport and bank card, which I did, but they refused to help me at the store.

I need to get this contract as soon as possible, and the only other option they offered me is to have prepaid sim card with 2gb of internet...

What to do now ?

I do not want to keep using a belgian contract as they charge me over 100 euros a month which is an unacceptable amount...

Thanks.
Hi @Kushio, Welcome to the forum. You indicate that they could not help you in the store. Did they try to take out a subscription for you? Did they not explain the reason why they could not help you? With a Dutch account number you can take out a subscription in the KPN stores with all ID types. Without a Dutch proof of identity you need a BRP (basic registration of persons). This can be requested from your own municipality. Hopefully it becomes clear how things work. Otherwise I would like to hear it
Hi @Kushio, Welcome to the forum. You indicate that they could not help you in the store. Did they try to take out a subscription for you? Did they not explain the reason why they could not help you? With a Dutch account number you can take out a subscription in the KPN stores with all ID types. Without a Dutch proof of identity you need a BRP (basic registration of persons). This can be requested from your own municipality. Hopefully it becomes clear how things work. Otherwise I would like to hear it

Hi,

No they did not try or explain unless they just told me I need to live in NL to get a contract. But I went back to the store and got a different employee he helped me and now I have my sim card and contract.
Good to hear it worked out eventually. There are many possibilities. The first employee was probably mistaken. If you have any questions about your new subscription. Will you let us know?
Good to hear it worked out eventually. There are many possibilities. The first employee was probably mistaken. If you have any questions about your new subscription. Will you let us know?

Sure it seems great for now I will only pay 36 euros for 50 GB all over EU, my belgian contract was at least 70 per month for just 20GB. I m very happy about the service.
@Kushio, Good to read that this is more positive for you. Took some effort, but luckily it worked out fine. If you still have questions, you can always start a new topic. Have fun with your new subscription and have a good weekend.

Reageer