Skip to main content

I just bought a sim card with an abbonement (not prepaid) in the KPN store. Its been hours and my phone says no service, I tried turning off an on a few times. The sim card and the package (card that has the details) does not include anything rather than the PUK and PIN code. So I cannot find out my mobile number. What do I have to do?

Hi B, welcome on our board. 

The card should already be active. Would you please fill in your details here? Don't forget your mobile number and the sim card number. Let me know when it's done. :) 

Hello,

My problem is that the phone number is not written anywhere.

Hello,

My problem is that the phone number is not written anywhere.

Didn't you get a copy of your contract? I can’t find anything when searching on your address. The sim card number is not short, it should be longer. Did you copy all the numbers from the sim card? 

@bkub, we can't find anything here registered to you or your address. The best thing for you to do is to return to the KPN store. The colleagues there can help you further, and replace the sim if necessary. 

Thank you for your messages. I went to two different KPN shops already and chatted with 5 different assistants. I also asked them to completely cancel my order and give me a working sim. However, since it hasnt been processed in the system they cannot provide me a new one. I am very disappointed by the service of KPN and would not recommend it to anyone as an expat. It is a simple simcard that in any other country takes 5 mins to activate and use. Today is the 5 th day and they told me the maximum wait day should be 5. I hope you can contact someone to process this errored order and i can receive the email with my mobile number and WORKING sim. 

Hi Beril. They can only cancel something they can actually find. We can't find anything on the address you have filled in or the sim card number, the number is too short. Please check these and get back to us here. I can't say anything with certainty right now.Â