Skip to main content

My Dutch is still not good enough and I will have to explain this in English. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

I have been having some issues with the Internet and WiFi during the last few weeks. My Experia Box v10A router restarts automatically and all devices in the house naturally cannot connect to the internet during this time. This happens sometimes once a day, sometimes more than once and some days I don’t see it happen at all, so there really is not a pattern to when it happens. I’ve had the same router for the last 5 years without any issue whatsoevar. The only change I made recently is to add a single SuperWifi 2 WiFi extender from KPN and that has been working without issue and I have not experienced the internet drops in the first 2 weeks of connecting it to my network.

When the router disconnects from the internet I immediately see a blue light flashing and usually it connects back to the internet after a minute or so without me doing anything. However, sometimes I also see a red light and blue light flashing back to back, where it takes longer for it to reconnect. The disconnect does not only affect my WiFi devices but also the devices connected via the ethernet like the TV, sound system and Playstation. I used the WiFi helper from KPN to have my internet diagnosed and restarted. I also manually reset both the router and the SuperWifi 2 to factory settings and set them up again in order to fix the issue. Both attempts did not make a difference. 

Are the disconnects due to a now faulty Experia Box v10A? Maybe it is due to the addition of the SuperWifi 2 and now my network has too much traffic going on? Or is it due to some issue from the KPN side of things? I’d really appreciate your help about this issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi @Papapishu, welcome here. 

First let's try to find the cause of this issue. I don't expect that the SuperWiFi is the problem, but we can test this by removinf the SuperWiFi and switching it off. If you do this, does the the router still restart itself? If yes, there are 2 options. There could be something wrong with the connection itself or with the router. 

Please call us to do some checks if the routers keeps restarting. Our free numer is 0800 0402, you can reach us on work days between 8:00 and 18:00 and on  Saturdays between 8:00 and 17:00.

Reageer