Skip to main content

After the latest modem update I can't login to my modem. Neither the default nor my passwords are working.

How can I login to my modem?

Hi @SergeySM ,

You can try to reset it with a pin for 15 seconds in the reset hole, and then logging into the box with the admin password.

TIP: you can also login with the QR code, there are sometimes difficult characters in the password of the modem😊

Things are very strange:

1. When I try to login through another router connected to KPN box via ethernet link using my mobile phone (connected to this secondary router), I login successfully.
  2. When I try to login being connected directly to KPN box using same mobile phone, login fails with error: “Wrong login information”

How that can be? Same device, same browser, same credentials. Only the network routing is different.

hmm, that's strange...

Can you not adjust the settings wen you are logged in with the 2end router?

I can change settings via the connection when through the second router. Normal admin access.

Hi @SergeySM, welcome to our forum! I'm not sure what would cause this. I have some questions!

• What happens if you try it with your second router turned off?
  • What type of second router are we talking about?
  • What is the url of the login page you're logging in? 
  • Could you share some screenshots of the login pages?

@SergeySM did you resolve your problem? Had similar issues, maybe you are using mac osx? I could login with safari.. worth a shot!

* If second router is off - same problem. No login when connected directly to KPN box

* TP-Link

https://mijnmodem.kpn/2.0/gui/#/login/

* Attached 

@SergeySM did you resolve your problem? Had similar issues, maybe you are using mac osx? I could login with safari.. worth a shot!

Thanks for the tip, Erik. Though this will not work for me as I don’t use mac ))

Ah thanks! I'm not sure what causes this issue. Could you also try from a different device? Perhaps one with a wired connection?

Tried that.
Absolutely same effect 

I have no idea what could even cause this issue.
If you disconnect all other devices, give your box 12 a factory reset and wait for 15 minutes. The password on the back should work.

I've seen instances where that does not work and for some reason the box 12 gets a different (unknown) password but that does not explain why it does work when connecting through your own modem.

What is the exact type of TP link you're using?
Could you fill in your profile and let me know?

Too much of a hassle. I guess I stick to what I have now. 

Thanks for trying to help.

I ran into the same problem - and this solved it for me. Strange that Chrome on OSX doesn’t work but Safari does! Likely something to do with the password character encoding. 

I had similar issue, but found a SOLUTION!

Tired reset the modem (couple of times infact) and tried to connect to mijnmodem kpn portal using admin username and password at the back of model, but didnt work (type the password, used QR code from the back of modem device).

I was using macbook with chrome browser. For some reason, admin and password at the back of modem is working when I tried to access mijn modem kpn from my iPhone!

The same site, same browser (chrome), same user name and password. I was puzzled for an hour.

Finally tried with safari browser and voila it worked fine! I learned that https://mijnmodem.kpn/2.0/gui/#/login/ works fine (after reset), in your default browser i.e., safari incase of mac and Internet explorer/edge incase windows!

Hope this my response helps someone...