Skip to main content

Hi, 

I read through all the forums and everything that i could understand as my dutch is terrible. I want to replace the Expedia box with my Unifi Dream Router. I set the Vlan ID to 6, as i was told. But the connection is there for 5 sec and then drops off. I dont get internet. Can someone please help me with this.

Thank you

Hello @Ettiene 

Maybe this website will help you (English): https://github.com/fabianishere/udm-iptv

It's mostly about how to setup the router for IPTV (TV receivers) but if you don't use them then you can skip that part and only setup the internet connection.

That link comes from a topic about using your own router (Dutch): https://forum.kpn.com/thuisnetwerk-72/gebruik-een-eigen-router-i-p-v-de-experia-box-458609

Hello @GeSp 

Thank you for your answer. That is exacly what I did and the connection was very unstable. I would connect for a few sec and then drop the connection again. 

Hello @Ettiene 

I knew there was another topic about the same router and found it again, connection was also unstable but dropped after about 10 min not just seconds.

Do you also have a XGSPON glasfibre connection?

Glasfibre modem looks like this for XGSPON:

Hi, Yes I do

Hi @Ettiene, welcome to our forum! I can't really help you with the unifi router but how is the connection when you use your KPN modem?
If that's also unstable there might be something wrong with the connection.
If that is actually stable it will likely be something in your router or one of the settings.

Hi @Ettiene, welcome to our forum! I can't really help you with the unifi router but how is the connection when you use your KPN modem?
If that's also unstable there might be something wrong with the connection.
If that is actually stable it will likely be something in your router or one of the settings.

Hey. The connection from the KPN router is perfect. So I have the Dream Router set up behind the KPN router. That seems to be the only way to get it working