Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a simple question on the configuration of my home network.

I have an experia box (used as modem and router) and a TV receiver. However, I find the function of the experia box limiting. So, I want to add my own router after experia box and move everything in the house under that router.

In that case, if I want to connect my TV receiver to my own router. Would it work? Is enabling IGMP snooping in the router enough to make it work? Or is it a no go?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Han

Admin: topic verplaatst naar juiste board

Welcome to the KPN Forum @yanhan! It is possible to use another router in combination with the Eperiabox. Which type works varies however. I would like to ask you to read through this forum topic on this subject and our page about using your own router. We do have the option to rent a Fritzbox from KPN. This option should be available, depending on your contract, in your MijnKPN. If you choose this option you get free access to our Tech Desk, which is a departement within KPN that supports home equipment like Smart Home products. 

Since there has been no response I`m going to assume you have found a solution to the problem. If there are still questions about the original topic do feel free to reply here! :relaxed:

Hi Bram,

Sorry for the late reply.  Thanks a lot for the information. I carefully studied how the suggested configuration and the devices. Finally, due to limitations in the house, (mostly wiring limitations) I decided to keep the Experiabox as the main router.

Best regards

Han