Skip to main content

Hi KPN team !

I am wondering if you can help me and help turn around my disappointment  in switching from Ziggo to KPN. 

HIstorically we have had a Ziggo ADSL connection in the house for the past 18 months that has worked seamlessly and with out fault delivering around 230 Mbits

Recently KPN installed direct fibre along our street with fibre coming in to the house. With the new fibre we were told that we could get up to 1 Gbits per second download and 500 Mbits upload sold on the idea of being able to run my work laptop, IPTV and the kids being able to use youtube at the same time we signed up... which has turned out to be a big mistake. 

Upon installation the engineer said he was receiving speeds of 800 Mbit's and as soon as he left the KPN speed test was confirming that we were getting only 33 down and 17 up which didnt improve greatly throughout the 1st or 2nd day. Using the KPN Wifi manager we reset the boxes again and again with out any improvement and after 3 or 4 chat support messages and no change i phoned the KPN support line 3 times in total to see what could be done. On the 3rd call the support engineer send out an Experia V10 to replace the Experia V10 A box that originally came. I picked this up on Thursday 7th and installed which bought us speeds of around 200 Mbits for download (so back to speed we were getting from Ziggo on an ADSL line) 

However as seems to be the story with this KPN installation things just start to revert back to unusable and unstable connectivity (I am currently writing this whilst tethered to the Vodafone 4G). 

IPTV (connected using Wireless Connection set 1200 supplied by KPN) has never reached speeds of over 60 Mbp's in the two weeks we have had the Fibre installed. Aware this could be to do with the electricity cabling but the house we live in is less than 10 years old. 

WIFI - Has reached top speed of 201 (did i mention that we pay for 1 Gbit ?)

4th May - 32 Down / 17 up 

5th May - 36 Down / 14 up 

6th May - 68 Down / 63 up 

7th May - 27 Down / 10 up 

New Router arrived.... 

8th May - 178 Down / 40 up 

9th May - 201 Down / 134 up 

11th May - 147 Down / 76 up

11th May - No internet connection to even log on to KPN forum

Outages - At the time of writing this we have no internet at all Wired or Wireless, having reset the box twice it just doesnt want to come back and work for some reason. 

WIFI Manager - I have done this around 30 times in the past 2 weeks in the hope that something might work or change. 

I am hoping that from reading the above you can understand my frustrations... currently i am really regretting leaving Ziggo to come over to KPN's land of promise that just doesn't exist. 

Please could someone help me change my mind and assist in getting the speeds we were promised / expected ? or release me from this contract so i can go back to the comfort of Ziggo knowing they have a service and product that works... 

A thoroughly  disappointed new customer :(

Thanks ! 

“11th May - No internet connection to even log on to KPN forum”

Just an update its now back at 37 down and 16 up :(

Hi @Phippstar . I'm sad to read about your problems. 

From what I've read there are wifi issues and perhaps loss of connection. What happens when your connections is lost? Does everything stop working? And what do you see on the experiabox? What lights are burning at that moment and what colour do they have, when you notice loss of connection.

Furthermore, what kind of speed do you measure when you use a wired connection? 

Hey Erwin - thanks for the response…. 

Connection is back at the moment - but when it goes down everything goes WiFi, Wired, IPTV on every device. 

At the moment the Experiabox is showing Service = Green / Internet = Green / Wireless = Green Flashing / Power = Green. The box on the wall (sorry dont know the name) is showing Power = Green / Glas = Flashing Green / Ethernet = Flashing green 

If i run the speed test on the on a wired connection we are getting 94 down / 93 up

Not sure where to go from here… other than pulling out my hair !!!!! any help or advise would be highly appreciated 

Hi @Phippstar . It was nice talking to you.

I've made a ticket and sent a requent to the mechanics department to get in contact with you. Due to corona the mechanic will first call you. If the problem can't be fixed remotely, the mechanic will discus te possibilities  for a house visit.

I expect them to call within 48 hours. 

Please keep us informed about this. If you have further questions, feel free to ask. 

@Erwin_  Thank you :) 

@Phippstar : did they fix the issue for you?