Skip to main content

Hi!

I moved into a new house and ordered a KPN home internet subscription.

A previous tenant also used KPN, so the ONT converter is already installed and I thought connection won’t take long.

I connected my own router to the Ethernet port of the ONT converter (glass fiber), set up VLAN 6 and PPPoE connection (user/pwd: internet/internet), and nothing works. Well, it obtains an IP address, but it’s from a private range and there is no actual internet connection.

I thought that maybe I have to wait for the KPN Box to arrive, because it might “trigger” something from your side. Today it arrived and it didn’t help. Moreover, I even tried connecting this box instead of my own router, no success.

Support agent on the phone line told me I have to wait for a technician to come on July 12th to “set this up”. As I can see, link is fine, I can connect via PPPoE on VLAN 6, so it is not a hardware problem.

Please activate my internet subscription, I don’t want to wait 6 more days. Technician appointment can be canceled, I don’t want people to travel for nothing, when it can be done remotely.

All information needed is filled in my profile. Thanks!

It works now! Without any technicians. I won, hehe.

Thanks.