Skip to main content

Hi everyone
I have my experia V8 which was working fine since 2016.

However it stops working once 2-3days and I have to restart it to get it back to work in this couple weeks

Wifi is connected and i can pin experia without any problem but cannot access to any website or surfing internet.

really annoying to do restart time to time, what can I do to fix it?

thanks for your advice

Hi @JayLee , welcome to our forum. That can be very annoying indeed. What exactly happens when you lose the connection, does the V8 itself stays connected to the network or does it lose the connection? What do the indicator lights do on the V8 do when you have to restart it?  

At the time you have to restart it, is it only Wifi that stops working, or are other deveices (connected via a cable) also affected?

Hi Jasper,

it seems V8 lose the connection because no green flashing at internet indication and orange instead.

when I have to restart V8, wifi seems working but only wifi symbol on mobile. Not able to connect any website for mobile phone either physical LAN cable device.

cheers,

Jay

That sounds like the Experia Box loses the connection. Can you fill out your forum profile and tell me when you've done this. That way I'll be able to check the connection aswel. It's also possible to call our customer service at 0800-0402, right when you lose the connection. If you call them before restarting the V8, they can check the connection while you're experiencing the problem.

the profile is done.

The address you've entered on your profile, but I've found it with the customer number. I checked the connection and it seems to be quite stable. There was a disconnect on the 21st and on the 11th. Are those the dates you had to restart the Experia Box, or did you need to do it more often?

Hi Jasper

i cannot remember the exact date. 21st for sure was one of my experience.

Could you check the disconnect in January as well?

Cheers,Jay

I can't see that far back, I can only see recent disconnects. I only saw the disconnects I mentioned, and now the 11th isn't visible anymore either. That makes it very hard for us on the forum to determine what's going on, hence my suggestion to call 0800-0402 when you notice it the next time.