Skip to main content

Hi KPN,

I have a KPN fiberglass-box (glasvezelkastje) internet connection which has been started as of today (20.10.2023), I have received an SMS stating this. I have also received the box and the router today, installed it by following the description attached, and also tried to follow the online installation helper. However, the GLAS indicator LED is off (the POWER and ETHERNET is on). The online helper tool tells me that there is some kind of problem with my connection (at the last step, when it check the connection), and I should try the installation again. I saw on the forum I should unplug the box and wait 2 minutes then try again, but nothing seems to be solving the issue, also I retried the installation many times. Do you have any advice I should try? Or the solution will be the same as for others on the forum in similar cases, a technician must come and fix things? Please advise!
P.S. I cannot really call customer support, since my dutch is worse than bad, I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me!

Hi @A Makacs, welcome to the forum. That doesn't spund good. The glas indicator indicates if there is an active signal from outside. If the glas indicator is off, there doesn't seem to be a connection yet. Has the indicator become active since posting this? If not we can take a look at it. I see you filled out your profile, but your postalcode has 5 numbers, so I can't find your subscription.

Not speaking Dutch is no problem for our customer support by the way, my colleagues can help you in Englisch as well. Calling is the quickest way to contact us: 0800-0402.