Skip to main content

Hello,

I moved from Amsterdam Zuidoost to Amsterdam North and have moved my KPN connection to the new address.

I have the the Experia V10 modem that has a DSL connector.

The house has a coaxial connection from ziggo and a 4 pin connector supposedly for KPN.

Would I need a special connector/cable to start using the internet? 

Regards,

Vikrant

Hi @Vikrant, welcome to our forum! 
There's indeed an adapter for this IS/RA connection. (the four pin connector)
We can order one for you. Could you update your profile and let me know?

Hi @Thomas ,

I have updated my profile. Can you please order one for me.

Best,

Vikrant

Thanks! I ordered them for you. They'll get delivered either tomorrow or the day after! Keep an eye on the letterbox!

Thanks @Thomas !!

@Thomas Hey, I have the exact same issue! Please, I need the four pin connector adapter. Can  you order one for me? 

Mvg, Nguyen

Hi @tylerootd, no problem! I ordered one for you as well. Should be in the mail tomorrow!

@Thomas What a god. That was so fast. Thankyou very much!!!

@Thomas This is what I got delivered today. I am a bit confused the right cable ( ethernet cable doesn’t fit in any of the holes?)  So how do I get the 4pin connector to → ethernet → to my pc ? 

Hi @tylerootd, you put the white connector in the 4 pin adapter and connect it to the DSL port on your (experiabox)modem! 
You can then connect your PC to the modem with the UTP cable.

Hi @Thomas So I took the experiabox out of the meterkast and connected it to the DSL port in the living room. but it still won’t work no matter what. I tried everything! My final request is to let a monteur come by and fix the problem for me. 

@tylerootd I'm not sure why I had'nt checked it before but I see you have a Fiber connection so you won't need any of these cables or adapters.
Your modem should be connected to the Fiber unit (in the meterkast?) with a UTP cable in the WAN port.

The 4-pin connection is no longer used in this case.
On this page you can find a bit of background information on our connection types.

Now ofcourse that leaves the question. Is your connection working when you connect everything to the fiber unit?

Hi @Thomas Yes the connection works when i have it plugged in at the meterkast. But the last monteur told me I could also plug it in at the 4pin port in my living room. I want to have my pc in the living room wired directly there instead of going with a long cable to the meterkast. The last monteur said it was possible but maybe he was mistaken?

I'm afraid not, you could replace the cable in the wall and sockets if you're handy but you can't use the current cable and socket for the connection between your modem and PC

Hoi @Thomas, ik heb deze adapter nodig ivm verhuizing! Volgens mij hebben we ook een kabel nodig voor de aansluiting met adapter. Groeten, Jennifer.

Hello,

I moved from Amsterdam Zuidoost to Amsterdam North and have moved my KPN connection to the new address.

I have the the Experia V10 modem that has a DSL connector.

The house has a coaxial connection from ziggo and a 4 pin connector supposedly for KPN.

Would I need a special connector/cable to start using the internet? 

Regards,

Vikrant

Can somebody please help me. I also need an adapter for this.

Hello @dunski 

Telefoon Stekker NL - RJ11 - Telefoon stekker, Uitgang: PTT male, Ingang:  RJ11 female, Kleur: ivoor

This is what you need